Bradfield College is an independent day and boarding school for 810 pupils, set in 250 acres of Berkshire countryside.
Founded in 1850 it has numerous buildings and boarding houses dating from Victorian to the modern day.
360 CE were appointed to convert an existing office room to become an overflow facility for the Hogwarts style, Grade II listed Snake Dining Room. The space created 60 additional seats for diners and is also available for functions.
The programme was completed over 8 weeks with the added complication of being carried out during term time. The budget was in excess of £100,000.
360 enabled flexible working to avoid creating noise and disturbance during teaching time as well as coordinating deliveries for outside high traffic hours. All work was completed to Listed Building high standards.
- Cut in a new bespoke arched doorway and decorative frame to match original listed doors
- The arched doorway was cut into an existing listed wall in excess of 1 metre wide originally built using chalk blocks. The brief was to make good using traditional lime and mortar in place of modern cement
- Enlarge existing doorway for DDA compliance
- Reposition radiators and install new lighting and acoustic ceiling
- Create a false wall and install TV/Smart Screen
- Create new panelling to match existing
- Install bespoke Amtico LVT floor tiles